We are honored to market and sell this desirable 109 +/- acres located in historic Essex County, VA. Only a short drive from the Rappahannock River, this property is located only 5 miles off of Rt. 17, and has great potential to continue the vineyard operation, estate lots, livestock/farming and more!! Invest in an appreciating asset and Bid Your Price!!
Live On-Site Auction w/Live Real Time Online Simulcast Bidding for Your Convenience!! CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE BIDDING
Property Tour: Saturday, February 20 @ 11am SHARP. Please contact Craig Damewood (703-303-4760) for more information.
- 109.4 +/- acres zoned A-1 w/2,190' +/- of road frontage
- 3 BR/2 BA farm house (circa 1750)
- This home has 2,700 +/- finished sf. featuring an eat-in kitchen, living room, dining room, finished walk-out basement and attic (potential for extra living space)
- Several porches w/ one being glass enclosed
- Hardwood flooring on 2 levels
- Heating: electric forced air; 6 fireplaces; Cooling: central AC on main floor & basement; window units upstairs (no HVAC on upstairs level)
- Well & septic system; electric water heater
- Gravel driveway; 8' deer fencing around vineyard; abundant wildlife
- Grapes & Vineyard: 26 +/- acres of potential vineyard w/trellis system. There are currently 8 +/- acres of viable grapes. Additional information can be provided upon request.
- Irrigation system on the property (condition unknown)
- In the past, there has been corn planted on the property and the farmer is open, if the new owner desires, to continue this relationship.
- There is a mobile home (livable but in need of repair) on the property w/separate well & septic system
- Several outbuildings to include a machine shed w/2 side bays, well house, large barn (in need of repair), metal carport, 53' Sea Container
- This property is just 5 miles off of Rt. 17, and is located 16 miles from Tappahannock, 19 miles from Rt. 301/Bowling Green, 40 miles from Fredericksburg and 50 miles from Richmond!!
- Tax Map: 17-5; Deed Book: 318/8933; Zoning: A-1 Click HERE for zoning uses; Yearly County real estate taxes: $4,430.72 (agricultural use); Home was built in 1750 and last remodeled in 1985 (brick & wood siding); WE GUARANTEE A FREE & CLEAR DEED
- Only $200,000 Starting Bid!!
FOR REALTORS: if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete their broker participation form. In order for the Realtor to be compensated, broker forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 3/3/21, and all terms adhered to.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS: $20,000 deposit is due immediately after confirmation of final bid and the balance due at closing within 30 days (unless prior written arrangements have been made by contacting Craig Damewood (703-303-4760). Deposits must be in the form of a cashier's check or certified check (from a US bank) made payable to yourself. A 10% buyer's premium will be added to the final bid, and will become a part of the purchase price. Property sold in as-is condition, and is not contingent upon buyer's financing, condition of property, appraisal, inspection, etc. Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm on 3/3/21) broker participation is compensated. Auctioneer's Note: All information and dimensions were derived from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the property. All auction day announcements take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made.
We are happy to offer online/simulcast bidding for bidders who cannot physically attend the live auction event. Please understand and agree that online bidding will only be allowed if the buyer is physically NOT on site at the live auction. Online bidding will NOT be allowed if you are physically in attendance at the live auction event.